Amped wireless aims to make the user’s wireless world a better place and make sure that the users have one less thing to worry about. Their extenders are very reliable and provide a very good and user friendly experience. The extenders are initially required to be setup and logged in so that the user can configure their network that is most suitable to their needs. The extenders are basically used to boost the Wi-Fi signal from the router. The extender is used to eliminate the dead spots and provide good Wi-Fi coverage to the places where the router cannot reach. Once the extender has been successfully setup and logged in, the user must place in somewhere in between the router and the desired place where the user wishes to eliminate the low Wi-Fi signals and dead spots. The user can login simply by going to www.setup.ampedwireless.com and enter the default credentials to successfully login. The login process is very simple and it only takes couple of minutes of the user’s time.
Once the user has successfully logged in to the extender, the user can further configure their extender to change the username and password as well as update the firmware to ensure that the user is getting the maximum out of their Amped Wireless Extender. The firmware is basically the software that runs the hardware on the extender. It is responsible for all the actions carried out by the hardware of the extender. The firmware update makes sure that the extender is capable of connecting to the latest media devices and that the security on the extender is up to date. This way, the user’s private information, their emails and passwords, their banking information when they shop online and more is secure and not vulnerable to any potential threats. By changing the username and password, the user can make sure that no unauthorized user is connected to their network without their permission.
We will provide the basic configurations regarding the Amped Wireless extenders to make sure that the user is able to secure and personalize their network without any problems.
Troubleshooting steps to setup and login to the ATHENA-EX High Power AC2600 RE2600M Wi-Fi Range Extender:
- Attach the included antenna, if any, to the extender and plug the Amped Wireless extender to a power source.
- Connect the device to the Range Extender’s network.
- Open any internet browser on the desktop computer/laptop and type www.setup.ampedwireless.com in the address bar to access the admin login for the extender.
- Alternatively, the user can type the default IP address i.e. 192.168.1.240 for most of the Amped Wireless extenders.
- Now, disconnect the device from all the wireless networks.
- Attach the Ethernet cable from the Range Extender to the device being used to setup the extender.
- Open the internet browser and type www.setup.ampedwireless.com once again.
- The web based interface will appear. There, the user will have to scan for the available networks. Choose the network that the user wishes to extend.
- The extender might take a few minutes to scan for all the wireless networks in the area.
- If the user’s home security is enabled, the user will have to enter their security key when prompted.
- On the next step, the user can choose to enter a new Network Name (SSID) and a new Security Key (passphrase) for their Amped Wireless Extender. Click Next to apply the settings.
- Now, the Range Extender will reboot and disconnect from the network. After this, the user will have to reconnect their device to the Extender network.
- The Range Extender will have been setup and logged in now.
Once the user has successfully setup and logged in to the Amped Wireless Extender, the user can further configure their network as they desire.
Troubleshooting steps to reset the ATHENA-EX High Power AC2600 RE2600M Wi-Fi Range Extender:
- Locate the restore factory settings button at either the left or right side of the extender.
- Using a small pin, press and hold the reset button for about ten seconds.
- Release the reset button after the reset has been completed.
Wait for the Extender to finish resetting. Do not interrupt the reset process as it can damage the firmware of the router.
Troubleshooting steps to change the username and password for the ATHENA-EX High Power AC2600 RE2600M Wi-Fi Range Extender:
- Open the internet browser and type www.setup.ampedwireless.com in the address bar. Press enter.
- The admin login page for the Amped Wireless Extender will appear.
- Enter the credentials when prompted to login to the Range Extender.
- On the Dashboard, click the Wi-Fi Settings. There, the user will see the Network Name (SSID) and the Security Key (passphrase) option.
- In the fields provided, the user can enter the new desired information.
- Click Save to implement the changes made.
Once the user has changed the username and password for their extender, the user can reconnect all their devices using the new username and password.
- Do not put any sensitive information within the username of the router as it is visible to nearby devices in the Wireless Connections Manager.
- Make sure that the password strength is good and not easy for other people to guess.
Troubleshooting steps to update the firmware of the ATHENA-EX High Power AC2600 RE2600M Wi-Fi Range Extender:
- Download the latest firmware for the Amped Wireless extender from the www.ampedwireless.com/support website and save it to the desired location.
- Open the internet browser and type www.setup.ampedwireless.com in the address bar.
- On the Dashboard, under the Management tab, the user will see the Firmware Update option.
- Click Browse to locate the previously downloaded file.
- Click Upload to begin the firmware update process.
Once the firmware has been updated, the extender will reboot itself. Once the extender has finished rebooting, the user can start using their extender as they desire.
- Make sure to not download the firmware from any third party websites as they may contain malicious content.
- Do not interrupt the firmware update process or remove the router from its power source during the update.