Amped provides one of the most reliable networking hardware devices to the users so that user can have smooth experience without any problem. They provide routers, extenders, modem and many more. You need to set up and log in into the router before using it to its maximum potential.
Router many advanced and basic feature for a smooth experience, but you need to log in to the router to access all those features. You can log in into the router using www.setup.ampedwireless.com. Once you have successfully logged in, you can check the status of the wireless router, can change the network name and password, and can access the advanced features like parental control, guest network and can eve repair their network themselves.
How I can set up and log in into Amped wireless?
You can follow the below-mentioned instructions to set up and log in into your Amped wireless:
- First of all, power off your modem, router and the device that you are using to set up the Amped wireless set up.
- Connect your modem to the WLAN of the router using an Ethernet cable.
- Make sure that connections are made properly on both the ends.
- Power on all the devices and wait for them to reboot.
- Now using computer or device open any internet browser of your choice and type setup.ampedwireless.com in the address bar.
- Press enter.
- You will be prompted to enter the default login credentials in the login screen.
- If you fail to get the login screen using setup.ampedwireless.com then you can try the following IP address in your web address http://192.168.1.240
- The default username and password is admin.
- Once you have successfully logged in, the smart wizard set up will appear and will guide you through all the settings step by step.
- Once you have completed on-screen instructions, you can configure internet connection, wireless connection, and wireless security.
How I can change the username and password of Amped wireless?
It is always recommended to change the username and password as anyone can log in into the router using the default information and can access the data.
Let’s see how we can change the username and password of Amped wireless:
- Open internet browser of your choice from computer or device that is connected to your router.
- Enter setup.ampedwireless.com in the address bar.
- Press enter.
- You will be directed to the login screen.
- Type the default login credentials.
- The default username is admin.
- The default password is admin.
- The smart wizard set up will appear.
- Go to the Wi-Fi settings.
- Go to wireless network ID (SSID) field; you will be able to change the username of router here.
- In the wireless security setting tab, the user can change the password of the router.
- Type in the desired password that you want to keep for your router.
- Once you have changed the settings, click Next to save the settings.
- You can now connect to the router using new settings.
How I can update my Amped wireless router?
We basically update the firmware of the router, which basically specifies the functionality of the router. Updating the firmware of the router will fix the bugs of the router and will enhance the functionality of the router as well.
Let’s see how we can update the firmware of the router:
Via Ally app:
- Download the ally app from the app store or play store.
- Open the app and log in into it.
- Go to amped wireless settings option on the top right of the page.
- Click on the firmware update under the router section.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update of your Amped wireless router.
Via web-based interface:
- Open a web browser of your choice from a computer or device that is connected to your router’s network.
- Enter http://setup.ampedwireless.com in the address bar.
- It will open up a login authentication screen.
- Type the default credentials.
- Hit enter.
- Once you have successfully logged in and can access the Dashboard.
- Go to the Administration
- Click it.
- Click on the router firmware tab.
- Update tab and proceed.
- Figure out the check button in the left menu pane of the screen.
- Tap the button and you will be redirected to download link of the firmware update.
- Click the download link that is shown.
- Save the update file in the particular location of your PC from where you can access it easily when you want to update the firmware.
- The router will ask you to choose the location of the file.
- Click browse and select the file that you have recently saved.
- Click upload or install button.
- Uploading process will start within a few minutes.
- The router will reboot once the process is complete.
- The uploading process will start within a few seconds.
Note: Make sure that the reboot process happens without any interruption because any kind of interruption in the power cycle process can cause several damages.
What should I do if I am not able to access the web-interface using http://setup.ampedwireless.com?
- Check and make sure that your router is powered on.
- You can try connecting your router and modem using the Ethernet cable.
- Make sure that the system you are using should not be connected to any other wireless network.
- If you are connected to any other wireless networks then you need to disconnect from other wireless networks.
- Always try to use a web browser that is latest and compatible.
- Try using to access the login page using a different browser if you are not able to get access the login page using the browser that you are using.
- If you are not able to get access to the login web interface using http://setup.ampedwireless.com then you can try accessing the web page using a default IP address that is 168.1.240.
- If any of the above solutions don’t allow you to get the access of the web page then you can try fixing it by resetting the router.
How I can reset my Amped wireless router?
Press and hold the reset button on the back of the router with a clip or object for few seconds.
You can perform the software reset using http://setup.ampedwireless.com.
How I can set up TITAN-EX HIGHPOWER AC1900 Wi-Fi range extender?
You can follow the below mentioned instructions to set up TITAN-EX HIGHPOWER AC1900 Wi-Fi range extender:
Find a setup location
The location of where you install the range extender is very important to how it will work. The best set up location is more than intermediate between your Wi-Fi router and your Wi-Fi dead zone.
Attach the antennas and connect your pc to the range extender
- Connect the antennas by screwing them into the antennas connector.
- Plug the range extender into the power outlet.
- Connect your PC to the range extender’s Wi-Fi network. Amped_TitanEX_2.4 and Amped_TitanEX_5.0
Open a web browser to access the web menu
- Open a web browser from a computer or device.
- Type http://setup.ampedwireless.com in the address bar.
- Press enter.
- If you are not able to access the web menu using http://setup.ampedwireless.com, then you can try the static IP address that is http://192.168.1.240.
Welcome to the Dashboard
- The dashboard will display the current status of the range extender.
- Click scan to find the available network.
Scan for the wireless network:
- The scan will display all the 2.4 GHZ and 5GHZ wireless network detected by the range extender.
- If you are extending a dual-band router then you need to select the SSID of your 2.4 GHZ network and the SSID of your 5GHZ network.
- The signal strength indicates the wireless connection between the network and the range extender.
- It is important to choose the network with strength greater than 70%.
- If you fail to find the wireless network greater than 70% signal, move close to the wireless signal that you want to repeat and click scan again.
- Once you have selected your wireless network, click next to continue.
Connecting to secure network
- If the wireless network that you want to repeat has wireless security enabled, you will be asked to enter the security key.
- If you are repeating a dual-band wireless network, then you need to enter the security key for both 2.4 GHZ and 5 GHZ.
- If either network does not have security key then leave that blank empty.
- Once you have entered the security key, click next to continue.
Extended Network settings
- The default network name of the range extender is Amped_TitanEX_2.4 and Amped_TitanEX_5.0.
- If you choose to clone the network settings then the wizard will copy the network name and key of your home network.
- You also manually enter the key and SSID name.
- Click next to continue.
- Please allow the countdown to complete.
- The wizard will automatically direct you to the next step.
Connecting to the extended network
- During the countdown process, the Range Extender will reboot and disconnect the Wi-Fi connection.
- Now, you need to reconnect your PC to the router.
- Follow the On-screen instructions to connect to the extended network.
- Once you have completed the on-screen instructions, click the checkbox to confirm.
- The next button will appear allowing you to complete the process.
- If there is any problem, the wizard will tell you to rescan the network.
- If there is no problem, then you will see the setup summary page.
I am not able to connect to the Home network; I received an error when running the smart set up wizard.
- Make sure that you are entering the correct network key if your home network is secured.
- You can try adjusting the channel number of your home network’s router to channel 5 through 11.
- Attempt to the start the smart set up again.
- Reboot your home network.
- Make sure that your home network router’s DHCP server is enabled.
What should I do if I am connected to a Home Network, however, I don’t have internet access?
- Your home network might have an issue with the internet access, check to see if you have internet access by connecting directly to your home network first. If you can go online then there is no problem with the home network but if you have a problem while going online, it means home network need to be resolved first.
- You may have DNS problem and a range extender is not obtaining the IP address from your Home Network.
- Reboot your range extender.
- Try accessing the website again.
- If it is not working, reboot the Home router to see if that fixes it.
- There will be a problem with your home network and extended network.
- Try to make some changes in the IP settings of your extended network using IP values that are different from your Home network.
What is the web domain that is used to access the login page?
http://setup.ampedwireless.com is the web domain that is used to access or log in the Amped wireless router, if you are not able to log in into the Amped wireless router then you can access the router using the http://192.168.1.240.
What is the default username and password of the Amped wireless router?
The default username and password is admin.
What is the parental control feature of the Amped wireless router?
The parental control feature allows the user to restrict the access or block inappropriate content to their network to help make their network issue.
What should I do if I forgot the password of my router?
If you have forgotten the password then you can recover the password by resetting the password.
Can I keep my router indefinitely on?
Yes, you can keep your router on as long as you want; there is no need to shut it down.